With the fashion taking a new turn and the trends changing so fast, there are new and new ways in which you can experiment with your style. One such unique, yet an old way is body tattooing. Since a very long time people have practiced the art of body tattooing to complement their attitude. But since the time tattoos are in vogue, it has always been synonymous with Japanese tattooing. Japanese tattoo has its origins in the colorful and vibrant Japanese history. Also the Japanese have also been known for their perfection and process oriented approach.
Japanese tattoo designs are considered to be the aesthetically appealing and very pleasant to look at. The biggest advantage of the Japanese tattoo is that they are not just restricted to symbols and design and letters, they go way beyond. Also the designs are made in such a way that they can cover a large part of the body in a very aesthetically good looking way. They can be created in the form of meaningful designs, just letters, masterful pieces and symbols. Even whole scenes can be depicted in the tattoo.
One major factor that they keep in mind in Japanese tattoo designs is the placement of the tattoo. It is done with extreme precision. For example, a chest panel tattoo begins at the chest and then slowly moves to the shoulder and then blends into the arms beautifully and elegantly covering all parts without creating any disruptions.
Most of the people take advantage of the fact that it can be used to cover large portions of the body and cover almost the entire body part to supplement that attitude. This covers the body from chest or neck to the mid thighs. The tattoos are generally multicolored and multi pictorial.
In Japan, tattoo is considered to be a rebellious thing. People tattoo either to stage a rebellion against the societal norms or to accentuate the beauty quotient.
Characteristics of Japanese Tattoos
Some of the characteristics that are very common for the Japanese tattoos are:
- Art and color: The Japanese tattooing is an art. They are generally done by people who have an artistic flair. Also they are multicolored. They design it in such a way that the color quotient is very high. For example in tattooing a Japanese fish, the tattoo artist will use more than six colors.
- Depiction: Japanese tattoo designs are not just symbols, these are depictions of the Japanese history and Japanese culture. The centuries of tradition back up the designs. Japanese tradition places a lot of importance on the religion. All this is reflected in the tattoo designs. Also the huge regard for spirituality is also depicted in the style. This explains the reason why the symbols such as dragons, tiger and fishes etc. are so frequently used in the tattoo.
- Powerful: these designs are very powerful and very striking to look at. As they were used to demonstrate rebellion they generally send out very strong signals. There can be a plethora of interpretation of each design, yet all of them emit a huge sense of power and demonstrate a lot of energy. They are much more than just ornamental accessories.
- Painful: some of the designs which cover the whole body can take more than a year to complete. Also they cover vast expanses of your body and hence do not break the continuity. For example, a tattoo covering the chest will cover even the most sensitive part of the chest around the breast. Also the tattoo covering the whole body will even cover the most sensitive areas such as crotch.
Popular Japanese Tattoo Designs
There are some particular and most common designs of the Japanese tattoo. Although you may choose any based on the aesthetics and your personal choice, each has a different meaning to it and a different story behind it.
Some of the most common designs are:
- They are the most popular designs for sleeve tattoos.
- The fish is generally orange in color and the background is of blue water.
- The fish is made in such a manner that it wraps around the arm. These accentuate the appearance and make it look real.
- These are generally depicting how deep in thoughts and emotional you are.
- They are the most common tattoo designs.
- Very obviously, they demonstrate power and destruction.
- They also symbolize that you are tough and hard to crack.
- Another feature of the dragons was that they were mythical and mysterious characters. So it lends a very mysterious appeal to you.
- It also demonstrates that you possess the ferocity of the dragons.
- They are the real depiction of the religion and the spiritual belief of the Japanese.
- These are the Japanese Gods.
- They just add a cool appeal to the attitude that you carry.
- This is seen as somebody who fights evil and is strong and powerful.